Monday, April 19, 2010

Dear Teacher

Dear Teacher,

I know when you call me to tell me about my child's behavior that it needs to be done. I know my child can do wrong and I know that my child can infuriate Mother Teresa if in the right mood.

But please, Mrs. Teacher, remember that I am the mom and I love this child dearly. Please remember this is very personal to me and my heart breaks when you tell me what my child has done and what you have done to my child - even if it was an inadvertant wrong.

Mrs. Teacher, when you tell me you have tried everything, please don't be offended when I question you about everything. Please don't assume that I am angry with you or blame you. Please remember that I desire what you do - A happy, well behaved child. But do respect that even with your experience as a teacher, I know this child better. This child is mine.

Sincerely,

The Parent

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This teacher is an incompetent imposter of a teacher. I figured this out a few weeks after school started and had to deal with her when I took care of the boys and took them to school while you all went to China. She is just trying to tread water until she can retire! I just hope the damage she has done to Aaron's self-esteem can be fixed by a "good" teacher next year!