Tuesday, March 3, 2009

He Can Read!

Aaron and I were sitting on my bed tonight doing homework. Every week he has a packet of work to do and this week was no exception. We were on page two and I was pointing to a picture of a mop. Beside the mop were two word choices: mop and man.

I directed him to circle the word that went with the picture. He looked at me and said. I don't know which one it is mom. Should I circle man or mop?" Realization washed over me and I stared at the boy who up until now has showed no interest in actually reading anything.

"I never told you what the words were on this one, Aaron. How did you know it was man?"

A sly little grin spread over his face and a giggle gurgled up from his throat. It is a good thing that his smile can melt me in whatever mood I am in. I grabbed him in my arms and hugged him tight. "You can read!" I shouted. Aaron just kept on giggling.

Now, I just wonder how long the boy has had me shnookered.