Thursday, June 18, 2009

Angry Cats

Aaron sits with his hand out calling the dog, Pete to him. Petey turns in circles and licks his lips in anticipation of a back rub. Aaron looks up at me while holding tight to his little pup, smiling and thinking. I can see the wheels turning behind my son's green eyes. At the same time, the pup's eyes are bulging out of his head, and I am worried that one might pop directly out from the pressure Aaron is applying to the dog's waist. Aaron looks down at the dog and then up at me. He announces that he knows why I like dogs and hate cats. Why, I ask. And then in his little honest voice he says it is because dogs are happy, while cats are always angry. Cats, it seems, just don't have a good attitude.

Well, I can't say it better than that. Cats don't look happy. Uppity and snooty and a little annoyed, but definitely not happy. Dogs, however, are loyal, true and will love you and be happy with you no matter what.

I love the reasoning of a child.

No comments: