Friday, June 12, 2009

Nathan is Now Master Mason

Thursday night, Nathan went through his third degree Master Mason ceremony. I, of course, could not be a part of it. However, at 8:45 the boys and I were encouraged to come back to the lodge to be presented with a family bible.



I don't know much about Mason life, but Nathan has several relatives that have been Masons. These include both grandfathers, uncles and at least one cousin. On hand last night were several of Nathan's Masonry involved friends and an uncle and a cousin. The cousin gave Nathan his grandfather's Mason ring during a ceremony and my dear husband cried. At least that is what I am told, I wasn't actually there to see it.



I am proud of my hubby for learning and memorizing what was necessary and taking the obligation. (again not sure what that means) I am also proud of him for keeping the tradition in his family. He is definitely a man of honor and the Masons seem to be an honorable group to belong to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of him! I wish he had had a chance to know his grandpa on my side of the family. He would have been so proud of him.

NS