Sunday, December 5, 2010

You Picked Me!

This Friday we received a precious Christmas Card from one of the families we travelled to China with. Sarah was sitting by me when I opened the card and we chatted about the little Chinese girl in the photo.

She said "She is from China, like me." Yes, I said. We oohed and Awed and then went to put the card on the angel card holder that will display cards through out the holidays and probably won't get taken down until June. :)

About two hours later, as I sat typing my research paper, Sarah walked up to the card holder. She pointed to the little girl in the picture and said,

"Her mom went to China and chose her" "But, You Chose Me!" Her hand went to cover her heart and she bent her knees a little leaning into her words. "You Chose Me, Mommy!" And then she was bouncing on her toes delightedly. Her smile beaming. And again she giggled "You Chose Me!"

I smiled at her, stunned by the exhuberant emotion. I tried not to cry as I thought of the miracle her life is becoming. I thought about God and his Grandeur. And I thought about His love.

"Sarah" I said. "I chose you. Daddy chose you. And God chose you!"

"Yes" She squealed and then turned heal and bounced down the hall filled with joy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How SWEET! She is adorable and we all love her.

Gma Stevens

Mom to Bin and Oaxie said...

Oh Angela, this post was so special. Thanks for sharing that! We enjoyed seeing you all at the Christmas party yesterday! Do you think Santa might bring us Hoola Hoops and fancy blue outfits this year?:) Have a wonderful Christmas.