Saturday, August 8, 2009

Bringing Sarah Home - The Journey

It has been almost 24 hours since Leah our social worker called us and told us that China had sent us the official referral. I am still in awe and processing the news. We expected the referral at the end of Sept and to travel in November sometime. But it seems that we will travel much sooner.

Now that we have the referral, pictures can be posted and information openly shared. We are literally 6 (maybe 8) weeks away from having three children. (As soon as I can find the pictures of her, I will post)

We have longed for her, hoped for her and worked for her. I wish we could say everything was perfect and we were completely ready to greet our new daughter. But what I want is not necessarily what needs to happen, so that all the glory of this experience can go to God. When all was working on the expected schedule of travel in Nov. the financial part of the plan seemed in line. We had time to make grant applications and get responses. I was confident that it would work and the money would be completely in place.

Today I am not so confident. I am clinging (by this I mean dangling by one hand hold to a precipice) to the the knowledge that God is in control and if this is our child, no earthly force will keep her from us. It is only a matter of God's timing and having the faith to let him work and not get in his way with my ego or pride.

If you read this please join with me in prayer for our little girl. Pray for the health of her kidneys and the finances to bring her home.

1 comment:

julie said...

You and your family are daily in my prayers. I can only imagine all the emotions you are going through! I am SOOO happy for you though! And I wholeheartedly believe God will provide for you through all of this! What a testimony it will be!