Saturday, August 8, 2009

Good News on the Eye Patch Front

Last June, we were told that on top of our other daily medical duties we would need to get Aaron to wear an eye patch. A year later, many tantrums, bribery sessions and pleading explanations later we got word yesterday that Aaron's eye sight has gotten a little better.

The progress made him smile and made him proud of what he did. We are not out of the woods yet, however. We have until age 8 to get his eye as good as we can. We have been given extra duties this year to help our progress such as coloring in circles for 15 minutes a day and seeing the Dr. again in two months to see if we should start putting drops in his good eye to make it more blurry.

Anyway, I am ecstatic!

1 comment:

SaraToday said...

I sympathise with the eye problems. I thought after 20 years of near-blindness the LASIK meant I was in the clear for the near future, but The Husband was alarmed at my inability to see road signs while night driving recently and I think I may have to get glasses again for that. Uck. But check it out - here's some fun eye patches.
http://www.eyemateys.com/ and http://www.shop.patchingpal.com/category.sc?categoryId=2

Plus, Talk Like A Pirate Day is just around the corner - September 19!!