Monday, August 24, 2009

A Smooth Transition

The title says it all. We did about as good today as we possibly could. We made it to school with all pertinent supplies, lunches and bags. I managed to oversee lunches being made last night and tonight. I am ignoring the fact that there is only dairy products in Aaron's lunch. He made it himself and that is a first step!

Actually, the six year old has been displaying a shocking amount of independence lately. He announced to the nurse that he didn't need her help to use the restroom today and he barely waved at me when we passed each other in the halls. I was very proud.

Isaac loves his teachers and was excited about them last week. My favorite line from his school beginnings this year was as follows:
"Isaac, do you want to know who your teachers are?"
"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, (panting like a dog in expectation)
"Well," I said..."I'm not going to tell you"
"GRRRRRR" Hee, Hee. I love teasing the boy.
"Okay, It is Mrs. Shackleford"
" Yippee, Yes!"
"Do you know who that is?"
"No"

I gotta love the optimism. His low point was finding out that he will be the only 4th grade class in the old wing and therefore will not have lockers. Sadness!

As for the adoption. We are again waiting. The referral has been sent to China with our approval signed on it and we are waiting. Did I mention, we are waiting.... Anyway, her room is finished. I love walking into it and seeing the girly curtains (Thank you Margaret), the purple walls and the quilt spread across her bed. Now all it needs is the little girl. The boys keep asking when we are going. I wish I knew for sure, but it will be soon. After all, the clock is ticking and it can't be long now. I am glad they are excited.

No comments: