Sunday, September 13, 2009

Gotcha Day

At home it is 2:20 in the afternoon, but I write at 3:20am. Two nights ago, I managed 8 hours of sleep for the first time since last Tuesday. This Monday morning I am happy for the 5 I squeezed out.

Today is Gotcha Day. In two hours we meet in the lobby and travel with the group to the airport. From there we travel with one other couple to Wuhan, the capital of Hubei. We will stay there during the first several days of meeting Sarah and getting the paperwork completed. Hubei is a province of many lakes, rivers and thriving business. It has been termed the New Business Center of China because of easy river access. Many items are manufactured there.

I don’t think words describe the river of feelings raging inside me. I miss my boys terribly and we are at a journey’s end that I have longed for many years. We are also at a beginning that I can’t imagine life without, but must admit that I am nervous to say the least.

If I were Chinese, I might name today something like The Sacred and Uplifted Day where Hearts Spill over for Love and Glory. I am sure it would look much better in Chinese characters, but I hope the words can grasp some of my thoughts.

1 comment:

julie said...

I cannot wait to hear more and see pictures! I can't imagine all you must be feeling! My prayers are with you.