Saturday, July 19, 2008

Eyebrow threading and the whole Nine Yards

I don't know what possesses me to fill every hour/minute of everyday of my existence. The last three days I have really packed every waking moment with something. Now, I am tired! This week most of the Stevens' clan got together to share a little time with family. I remember back when we were planning this excursion and I thought that the children might be bored and restless. Well, they were rested less that is for sure. We did enjoy ourselves and saw some new things around our Metroplitan area.

One of the highlights included eyebrow threading for Margaret, Anna, and Nancy. Since my eyebrows have to be penciled in for anyone to see them, I did not feel the need to take part in this interesting way to trim a brow from a kiosk at the mall. The experience was a mixture of strange and interesting. The workers take sewing thread and contort it with their hands. Then they begin to razor a person's eyebrows using the thread alone. Anna, my sister-in-law told us it was the rage in New York City. I should have taken a picture of this in hind sight. Margaret had a couple taken of her by Anna while she was being threaded, but I don't think Margaret will allow them to go on line. She kept rolling her eyes at me when I mentioned I could post the whole threading business on this blog.

Then we visited Medieval Times. A little hoaky, a little contrived and a whole lot of fun. I enjoyed watching Aaron pick his favorite Knight. He was also very impressed that the Prince fought 4 bad guys at once. I didn't get to see Isaac because our party was 10 people long and Isaac sat 5 away from me, but Nathan said he was really getting into it. I believe my favorite part of Medieval Times was Sat. morning when all the kids created their own castle. It was neat to see how their imaginations recreated what they had seen the night before.


We also visited the Nature and Science Museum and played with all their exhibits. Informative and fun are the only words to describe it.

Lastly, I really enjoyed my nieces. They are the cutest little girls and they are growing up way too fast. We swam together and colored together. Both are very creative and the youngest, who looks like a carbon copy of her mother, is very independent. Since her mother and Nathan are siblings, I am now blaming all Aaron's bull headness on the Stevens' family clan. It couldn't have possibly come from me!

1 comment:

SaraToday said...

Huh. There are lots of pics on Google Images under "eyebrow threading."