Sunday, September 7, 2008

Aaron's Life

In the midst of all the crazy schedule changes, early mornings, late evenings and hurried trips to well, everywhere, Aaron has been having a rough week bladder wise. Nathan and I have gone over Aaron's in take, out put, etc with a fine tooth comb so far and can't figure out where the problem is occuring. We took Aaron for a urinalysis this week too, but it came back fine. This is not the comfort people think it might be due to the fact that the symptoms persist and now there is no real reason. Plus, we will have a couple bad days and then a good day when things look like they are going well, and BOOM, back to a bad day.

His Urologist believes we need to wait a couple weeks to monitor his progress or regression. It seems that the symptoms could mean anything from schedule changes to a tethered Spinal Cord. This is also not comforting, since in the summer the only real schedule each day was that from what ever time we got up til bed was that we cathed every two hours. We just aren't scheduled people. So he is actually on a much more rigid schedule now.

At any rate, the ugly part of Spina Bifida is now raising its head. Aaron told me yesterday that he wants to go back to pullups all the time because he hates being wet. I just get frustrated that we can't pin point a reason. A feeling of helplessness keeps trying to wedge its way into my brain. But, I will persevere and not let it get to me .

So there is nothing to do but wait and see and pray. Aaron is also having day surgery on Friday to try and elongate our times between potty. I would appreciate prays for that, too. It is always scary to be put under. This will be Aaron's 6th time, I think. He will have an injection into his urethra. I am not sure what that does, except hopefully give us another hour before heading to the bathroom again.

Thanks for praying for us this week. I will definitely post and let everyone know how it went.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me know if you need to talk or just to get away and have a Bahama Bucks!!
Carrie