Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Day in Our World

I feel like all my creative ability has dried up with the responsibilities that are now sitting upon my husband and me. Cute antedotes and funny happenings haven't stopped occurring around me, but the time to reflect and write about the humor has evaporated before my eyes. And of course, by the time I am able to reflect and write I can't remember what was so funny.
So to commemorate how crazy my life has been (be it my fault or not) here is a rundown of my week.

1. Wake up at 5:00 and am at school until 4:00 at least every day during the work week
2. Class on Monday until 9:00p.m.
3. Tuesday Cubscout meeting after school, soccer practice after school, and the Mayor gives a commodation to scouting, so of course we go.
4. Fill out paper work for scouting
5. Husband goes to paint the rent house again. - He has been painting nonstop since Sat. Morning. I get the boys to bed, make lunches, do homework with them, clean the house.
6. Wed. - more painting, I skive off choir and help clean the rent house, come home and get boys to bed, homework done, and reclean the my house.
7. Thursday hasn't happened yet, but I have already been warned that renters will move in around 7pm and we have until then to complete painting, cleaning, repairing odds and ends and mowing the lush jungle that was formerly known as the backyard. Of course we both will be at school until 4:00 and Nathan won't be in until after that sometime.
8. Friday - Husband works football game
9. Saturday - Soccer game and scouting event that will last all day
10. Sunday - Teach Sunday School, Cubsout planning meeting and I will probably be trying to do a ton of homework during the weekend that I haven't gotten to yet for my graduate school that I thought was such a great idea last June.

My question is this. What happened to the "Leave It To Beaver" world I thought was and adult's life when I was a kid? I remember wanting to be BIG so badly as a child. Now all I would like to do is go right back to kid-dom.

Anyway, cheers to survival and to keeping my chin up. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just telling our neighbor that my kids at school say they want to be "grown up". My thought is, "Hey, I would change places with you if I could!!"
Carrie