Sunday, September 14, 2008

Surgery Went Well

It has been a whirlwind weekend. We did the day surgery on Friday, Nathan worked a football game friday night, and since then he's been painting the inside of our rent house for all of Sat and Sun.

Now I is close to nine pm and I have finished making sure the boys' have their schoolwork in order. I still have lesson plans to do and my house isn't up to where I want the babysitter to see it tomorrow.

So, this is very short post to say that I am ecstatic about how easy this day surgery was. Aaron commented on it during our drive home. After all, the last time he went into surgery it was a four day stay in the hospital with many tubes to care for after. This time the Doc didn't even make an incision. He simply threaded all the needed materials strait up Aaron's penis and injected the Deflux strait into his urethra. The fact this can be done is simply amazing. Saturday we had great day. We were completely dry between three hour caths. Today, it didn't work so well, and I am wondering if we are still experiencing bladder spasms from the UTI. It is a wait and see game from here on out. I am just praying this works well enough to keep from having to eventually do a bladder augmentation.

1 comment:

julie said...

So glad to hear it went so well. We will continue to pray as well!