Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Continued Frustration

It seems that each day is unpredictable in our lives. I am not talking about the weather, or something trivial like that. I am talking about Aaron's incontinence due to Spina Bifida. Today was a particularly bad day. For no known reason, this last month or so has been racked with issues. Perhaps it is him growing, or being in the school environment where he has little control over his input and output.

Last week, it looked like we had it all licked. Schedule is going fine and we are making it pretty well. Then today out of nowhere comes a day of complete ruin where the schedule is concerned. I often think how my little boy must feel taking wet clothes in a baggy into his classroom. He does this often. I have asked him if he wants to give up on the padded underwear and move back to something a little more absorbant, but he says no.

The unanswered questions are palpable in my head and I can't do anything about them but pray that it will work out and God will surround my little one with strength, faith, and family and friends that will love him even when his body refuses to work with him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will all work out. It will just take time. I love you and am constantly sending up little prayers for all of you. Looking forward to Thanksgiving.

Grandma Stevens

julie said...

He is SUCH a trooper. What a strong, couragous little boy! Keep trying! I will be praying for him... and you!