Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Singing In the Early Morning

Wednesdays come too soon each week. It is what the boys and I call our early mornings. The only good part of a morning when you have to leave the house by 6:45 is the quick run to Chick Fil A to get the chicken minis. We love 'em.

Unfortunately, we have been getting up later and later. Now, our 6:45 is more like 6:55 and Chick Fil A has gone out the window. But I still have to be at early morning duty at 7:15 and so, the boys and I rush around. Me rushing and the boys resisting. It is like a crazy tug of war, where the rope usually gets tied in knots and someone ends up crying. I was the crier only once, thank you very much.

Today started exactly like last Wednesday. Me prodding children along. Children roaming the house in search of forgotten items or just roaming the house. Needless to say, when I finally hit the road to school, we all needed a bit of a pep talk from God.

In goes the worship music and "How Great is Our God" begins to play. It is one of the most beautiful contemporarty Christian songs and one I love dearly. From behind me I hear a little high pitched whine that seems to be moving with the music. I am not sure if it is another morning fight and so I turn down the music and it stops. Up goes the music and the little whine begins. Suddenly it dawns on me that I am hearing singing.

I ask if someone is singing the song with me. And Aaron's little voice says yes with just a touch of embarrassment. I say great. Then let's all sing. I turn the music back up and I hear the most beautiful sound in the entire world. Two little voices singing about how great our God is. I did cry this morning on the way to work, but not out of frustration as the last time. Today were tears of joy at the pure love and faith my children were demonstrating - singing praises to God!

Bless them!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you can make that 2 adults crying tears of joy. Add Grandma Stevens to that!

Anonymous said...

Tell the boys that they can sing with me this Sunday. -Papa Golden

Charity said...

How sweet! Music is so soothing to the soul. :)

julie said...

Don't you just love that... I don't think there is a better sound - don't you think that must be an inkling of how the Lord feels when He hears us sing?!

And it makes you feel you just might be doing something right!!!