Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Crazy Weather

Will Rogers once said if you don't like the weather in Oklahoma, wait a minute. Well, I'm not in Oklahoma, but the weather here changed in about a nano second today. I rose to balmy seventy degree weather and left my first school in frigid weather about 11:30. Now I hear sleet and straight line winds outside. If it would all accumulate into a snow day, this weather would all be worth it.

Students as always were crazy all day as the weather dropped. I actually had 2nd graders hide under the table, kindergartners fall asleep and a third grader make strange noises in the middle of class. I saw my eldest child burst into tears four times today and my youngest was at fault for only three of them.

I guess the whole family is feeling a bit under the weather, both figuratively and literally. So it is nice to all be curled up and sitting on the couch, if just for a little while.

8 more days to Christmas break, but who's counting.

No comments: