Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School

If anyone had asked me Sunday if I was ready for school. I would screamed in anguish, ran around in circles like a chicken with my head cut off and then sat down to weep at the frustration of it all. Never did I think it would be so hard to get one boy into kindergarten.


Nathan and I have spent the last week becoming intimately accustomed to the bureaucracy of hospital record departments and how they relate to the outside world. We have also been around the block with our own school district about how to best get my kiddos from point A to point B after school. And finally, Friday Aaron came down with a nasty case of strep throat which led to antibiotics which in turn caused a great deal of intestinal issues.


As the popular country song states "If you're going through he** , just keep on going" Well, that is what we did. Today, Aaron entered the hallowed halls of his elementary school. He participated in his first day and reportedly liked kindergarten. His only reservation was the nurse, who (by his own account) he likes personally, but doesn't like going to see her all the time.
Isaac said his day was awesome!!!!! He met a new friend and knew four other students from last year. No fun for him though, 3rd grade is all about work. Today was the first day and he did math, and reading.


Here is a pic of Aaron entering his classroom. I am not sure of the emotion he is expressing here, but everything was all smiles at the end of the day when I got home. Notice how he doesn't have any glasses. He spent his first day in a fuzzy state, since I ushered him out of the house without glasses or his special timer watch. Ooops.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew! Glad it worked out and that Aaron got to go to school. Now, how did your and Nathan's first day go?

Love to all,
Grandma Stevens

Angie said...

How is the transportation situation going?