Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sorrow

It has been a difficult last 24 hours. There I was in the San Antonio area getting ready to spend a lovely day with the family when my phone rang and I got devastating news. A child that I had known past away.

It is difficult enough to fathom why children suffer, but a child who dies is unimaginable. I have never actually known a child who has perished until Saturday. This child was one month old and diagnosed with Spina Bifida just like Aaron. In fact, in many ways her SB mimicked Aaron's. She had good leg movement, a VP shunt to control hydrocephalus and a low lesion. Her Dr's were Aaron's Dr's.

It is not known at this time why this little girl that I held in my arms on Monday past away this Sat. She seemed fine and thriving. My heart aches for her mother and father. I am at a loss at how to describe the feelings that I have regarding this subject.

I ask those of you that read this blog to please pray for this family who has lost their only daughter before her life really even got a start.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to her famiy.
Carrie